1 expense has currency problem

1 expense has currency problem

Postby lunapark » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:14 pm

I have used this app for about 3 or 4 years and no major problems. Last week I tried to add a meal expense that was 21,000 KRW (about $18.67 in USD), but that item shows up $21,000 USD. I even added $18.67 in US currency for that meal expense rather than 21,000 KRW, but Total Expenses under this month of August is still inflated by the $20,000. Other expenses does not seem to have this currency problem.

Xpense Tracker Currency Problem.jpg
This dinner expense for 21000 W should be about $18.67 USD not $21,000 USD !!!
Xpense Tracker Currency Problem.jpg (89.34 KiB) Viewed 2038 times


Xpense Tracker Currency Problem-2.jpg
I changed the 21000 W meal expense to $18.76 but under month total it still shows $27,240.54 rather than $7,000
Xpense Tracker Currency Problem-2.jpg (139.33 KiB) Viewed 2038 times
lunapark
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:00 am

Re: 1 expense has currency problem

Postby Silverware » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:04 pm

I would first recommend you go into your log and totally delete that entry. Then insure the total for that log is properl. Then re-add the entry. What I believe is the issue is that there is a bad exchange rate for the currency you are using downloaded on the date of that expense or downloaded near the date of that expense. The app will use the exchange rate that is nearestest to the date of the expense. So when within the log, tap the Options button and choose "Set Currences." Then tap the Downloads button. There you will see a list of "sets." Each set contains exchange rates for the currencies you are using. Tap on each of the dates near or on your expense date and inspect the exchange rate for the currency you are using. I bet there is a bad rate set to 1:1. If you delete this rate or the whole set or enter the correct rate all will work properly.

-Scott
Silverware
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Re: 1 expense has currency problem

Postby lunapark » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:18 am

Hello,
Even when I delete that entry, the monthly total expense stays same ($27,221.78). I have just deleted the incorrect entry and the category "Meals" total correctly shows $157.60, but the monthly Total Expenses still shows the erroneous $27,221.78.
lunapark
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:00 am

Re: 1 expense has currency problem

Postby Silverware » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:28 pm

When an item is added, changed or deleted the total is recomputed. I cannot recreate the problem so I think the best thing to do would be for you to create a backup and then email me your XpenseTracker.sqlitedb file from the backup. That file is the database and I can install it here and then hopefully see what you are seeing and then determine the problem.

-Scott
scott@silverwaresoftware.com
Silverware
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:05 pm


Return to XpenseTracker / BizXpenseTracker

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron