Restore individual files to BizXpenseTracker

Restore individual files to BizXpenseTracker

Postby shazam » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi,

I accidentally deleted the BizXpenseTracker from my iPhone and then was able to reinstall it. I was also able to recover the application files from iPhone onto my desktop. Now I need to restore these files in the application. I tried using restore feature and selecting individual files with no success. How can one restore these files so the application start using them and I can get my 2 years worth of data back.

Thanks in advance!
shazam

Re: Restore individual files to BizXpenseTracker

Postby Silverware » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:12 pm

I apologize for the delay in responding to this.

Whenever anyone describes such a situation I ask them to do the following.

1. Sign into iCloud.com on your desktop computer's browser
2. Go into the iCloud Drive section
3. Open the app's folder
4. Then open the Backup folder.

This folder contains all the files that make up the backup. The key databse is named XpenseTracker.sqlitedb.

HOWEVER, if you see more than one file that starts with the name "XpenseTracker" then you will need to do some work

5. Delete the file named XpenseTracker.sqlitedb
6. Rename the file with the largest number. The files will have the form "XpenseTracker#.sqlitedb" where # is a number.
Location the file with the largest number and rename it simply "XpenseTracker.sqlitedb"
7. NOW go into the app and perform the Restore command.

That should get you all your data back.

If ALL is GOOD at this moment, here are a few steps for you to perform to get things back on track.

8. Delete the Backup folder from the iCloud storage for our app.
9. Go back into the app and issue the Backup command. When prompted, choose FULL (Complete) backup.

NOW you should not have any problem in the future when you try to restore from a backup and will not have to perform all these steps ever again.

-Scott (app author)
Silverware
Site Admin

Return to XpenseTracker / BizXpenseTracker