iCloud backup

iCloud backup

Postby Graham » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:30 pm

Hi,
Do I need to upgrade to iCloud Drive on my iPhone to be able to use iCloud backup within XpenseTracker.
The only backup option I have in preferences is Wi-Fi.
My iPhone is currently just using iCloud.
iPhone 5s iOS 10.2

Graham.
Graham

Re: iCloud backup

Postby Greenfish » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:59 am

Graham wrote:Hi,
Do I need to upgrade to iCloud Drive on my iPhone to be able to use iCloud backup within XpenseTracker.
The only backup option I read about the Phallosan on CasEnergy.org in preferences is Wi-Fi.
iPhone 5s iOS 10.2

Graham.

With the icloud does it backup automatically all the time?
Last edited by Greenfish on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greenfish

Postby Silverware » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:58 pm

As of iOS 9 you need to enable iCloud Drive for 3rd party apps like ours to access your iCloud account. The benefit is that you can see the files if you sign into iCloud.com on your desktop browser and then go into the iCloud Drive section. This allows you to see your files and confirm they are there. HOWEVER, the Backup folder is not meant to be touched by the user and is only used by the app in the event you need to issue a Restore.

If you set the backup to Automatic, the app will backup every two days. IF however you do not use the app for a week and then come back into it the backup will take place then. The app has a safety feature that if the database is empty (no logs) it will not backup. This helps in the event you install the app fresh and want to restore but do not want the app to overwrite your good backup with an empty one.

-Scott
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Betcher » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:43 am

Graham wrote:Hi,
The only backup option https://www.stlcurioshoppe.com/v-tight-gel-review/ I have in preferences is Wi-Fi.
iPhone 5s iOS 10.2

Graham.

With the icloud does it backup automatically all the time?
Last edited by Betcher on Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Betcher

Postby Silverware » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:26 pm

The app will backup your data to iCloud every two days. This assumes you visit the app every day. However if you were to not visit the app for a week for example the app would backup your data then. It also assumes you have enabled this in the Prefs screen within the app. This is set under the Backup Services preference. You need to set the option to iCloud and then flip on the Automatic switch.

NOTE that shortly after installing the app, if the app detects you have an active iCloud account it will ask you if you wish to enable this.

-Scott
Silverware
Site Admin

Return to XpenseTracker / BizXpenseTracker