Will not load flight information

Will not load flight information

Postby Norske » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:12 pm

Love Flight Update; I use it a lot. However, just tried to load a couple new trips (on multiple airlines) and received the following pop-up note: "Flight could not be validated. Check that the flight number was entered correctly". Same thing happened with attempts to enter about 10 different flights on different dates and different airlines. The forum doesn't mention this as being a broad problem so it must be just me. Any suggestions?
Flight Update v. 6.06U
Apple iPhone 6 (?)
iOS 10.2.1
Norske

Re: Will not load flight information

Postby seattlejoe » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Are you using the Free version or the Pro version?

I have the same problem ... I have the Free version.

I also have noticed that the original Free version is no longer available on the App Store, only the very pricey (for an iPhone app) Pro version ... are they killing off the Free version?
seattlejoe

Postby Norske » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:00 pm

I believe I've got the Pro version.
Norske

Postby cactusflier » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:38 pm

I have the same problem and it is with the latest pro version. This started a week ago for me. I rely on this app on a weekly basis so I hope it gets fixed soon.
cactusflier

Postby seattlejoe » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:55 am

Ah!!! I feared that the Free version had been abandoned ... so, the Pro version is suffering from the same "flight could not be validated" as the Free version. My trouble started within the last week, as well. Hope it is fixed soon!
seattlejoe

Postby Silverware » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:21 pm

There was an outage on the 23rd of February. This was totally unrelated to the removal of Flight Update from the App Store back in August.

Flight Update Pro has since been operational without issue.
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Enigmakv » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:05 pm

I have asked this on a different thread as well...

I, like the original poster, am running v6.06U. That is the Lite version upgraded to Pro via in-app purchase. I notice the Pro version currently for sale on the App Store is v6.05.

I can no longer add flights. Is this a result of the fact that 6.06U is not a "pure" version of Flight Update Pro?

thx.
Enigmakv

Postby Silverware » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:59 pm

Flight Update (even if purchased the optional pro features) is no longer an app on the App Store. It was removed last August. That app is a different app than Flight Update Pro which is still on the App Store.
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby Enigmakv » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:25 pm

Silverware wrote:Flight Update (even if purchased the optional pro features) is no longer an app on the App Store. It was removed last August. That app is a different app than Flight Update Pro which is still on the App Store.

Excellent, thanks for the answer.

Just to clear it up for anyone else who stumbles upon this thread because they cannot update or obtain flight info...

If one has v6.06U that looks like the attached screen shot, it will no longer work.
Attachments
v6.06U.png
v6.06U.png (164.7 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
Enigmakv

Postby Enigmakv » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:26 pm

Now for my next question...

If I purchase Flight Update Pro for the App Store can I, via the "Backup" and "Restore" functions, import my past history of trips from the original Flight Update?
Enigmakv

Next

Return to Flight Update Pro