Red Number Badge Over Icon

Red Number Badge Over Icon

Postby Silverware » Fri May 06, 2011 1:32 pm

The badge over the app icon indicates the number of mileage entries you have started but not completed. It is just a reminder that you have an entry (or entries) that you have entered the start mileage but not the end mileage.

You can either correct or delete the entries. Entries will appear with a yellow background in the list to also indicate they are incomplete.

This feature cannot be disabled so you will need to complete or delete the entries if you want the badge to not appear.
Silverware
Site Admin

Re: Red Number Badge Over Icon

Postby Thehunter » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:58 am

I've tried deleting and redownloading the app to resolve this issue. The badges remained, so I deleted all logs. Still the badges remain and there are zero entries started. Is there anything else I can do to get rid of them? They are extremely annoying.
Thehunter

Postby Thehunter » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:05 am

I figured it out. I added and saved a new incomplete mileage entry which updated the count on the badge. Then I deleted this new entry and the badges are gone.
Thehunter

Postby Silverware » Wed May 02, 2012 8:49 pm

I am sorry you had to jump through so many hoops to get things straight.

I will check into this and insure that future updates will update the badge appropriately.

Thank you for purservering.

-Scott (app author)
Silverware Software
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby fredopitts » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi, I am using BizXpenseTacker v. 7.8 and have just noticed a red badge at the top right corner of the BizXpenseTrkr Icon as well. It had the number 60 and I came to this site to find what it indicated and discovered it is for incomplete mileage records. As someone said they discovered, I added an incomplete record, but rather than resetting, it just added it and the total went to 61. I went through all my logs and there are no other incompletes. When I show all records from all logs (View from All Logs Option), only this new one I created is highlighted in yellow. Each and and every other one in the All Logs view shows a mileage and is not highlighted. Since I always use a trip odometer, there are many that don't have a zero as the starting mileage but only the ending mileage. When I added a zero to a couple of the entries as the start mileage to see see what would happen, it did not reduce the number of the red badge. In other words, there was no change. Thanks for any help in resolving this.
fredopitts

Postby Silverware » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:24 pm

Fred,

I am sorry for the troubles. In a recent version, we fixed a bug where incomplete entries where not being included in the badge count of incomplete entries. Incomplete entries should show up with a yellow background thereby flagging the entries as incomplete. If this is not the case, your entries might of somehow been set in a state they should not be. When I say state, I mean that they are either set for total mileage or for start/stop. If they are set for start/stop mileage, when tapped they must have a start/stop odometer reading entered.

The tedious solution would be to tap each mileage entry and then tap the mileage field to see if it is set to start/stop and fix the entry.

The easier solution would be if you create a backup and email me your XpenseTracker.sqlitedb file from the backup and I can then tell you which log the offending entries are in and their amounts. They you can quickly go into each entry and resolve them.

Please note though that if you were to keep things as they are (and skip the above), the app and the reports created would still be perfectly fine.

-Scott (app author)
Silverware
Silverware
Site Admin

Return to XpenseTracker / BizXpenseTracker