Organizing Linked Files When Reporting

Organizing Linked Files When Reporting

Postby vtrenton » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:44 pm

When exporting, is there a way to organize the linked files so they can be arranged in a particular order for the report (using the expenses - grouped by Category template)?

The photo receipts are nicely date stamped which help with order, but the linked files (from what I've seen) are just put in the order of whenever the expense was entered.
vtrenton

Re: Organizing Linked Files When Reporting

Postby Silverware » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:07 pm

We currently do not offer any organization of the linked Files when creating reports. The original file names are retained but we might be able to append the file name with something that identifies the file to an expense. I will make a note of this.

-Scott (app author)
Silverware
Site Admin

Postby vtrenton » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:27 am

Thanks Scott. Would be a great function to have.

A follow-up question: I'm saving files in Dropbox in order to be able to link them to expenses in the app. Is the Dropbox app folder created by BizXpenseTracker secure like any other folder in Dropbox or is anything at risk because it's associated with the app?
vtrenton

Postby Silverware » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:32 pm

Actually the BizXpenseTracker folder created within the Apps folder is created by Dropbox the first time our app saves a file. If that folder is not present it will be created by Dropbox so it has all the same security characteristics as other Dropbox folder.

-Scott
Silverware
Site Admin

Return to XpenseTracker / BizXpenseTracker